Free Autumn Pennant Printable and Gourmet Caramel Apple Recipe

I have been thinking more about Christmas lately than Thanksgiving but I wanted to make something this weekend closer to an Autumn tradition. I chose caramel apples with added candy and chocolate for a gourmet look and taste.
Then, I topped it off with an Autumn pennant!
Melt your caramel. One bag with 2 Tblsp water in the microwave. Holding the apple stem, dip and roll your apple in the caramel. I didn't have sticks and we usually cut them to eat them at our house anyway. I'm sure it's because so many of us had braces on our teeth at some point in our lives!
After dipping in the caramel, gently roll it in Heath toffee bits and mini chocolate chips! Yum!
Melt some of the chocolate chips in a small zipped bag in the microwave. Then, snip a very small corner from the bag and drizzle the chocolate around the apple. Let it set at room temp or place in the fridge to speed up the process. Slice and enjoy!!
I topped the apples with these "Welcome Autumn" pennants.
Click on the image below and "save as" to your computer. Print, then trim the sides. Next, trim between the pennants. For placement, fold each pennant in half around toothpicks while lining up the edges, remove, place glue on the back of a pennant then wrap it around a toothpick again and adjust it into place. Using scissors, cut a small "V" shaped notch into the end. Poke the pennant into the top of your caramel apple, cupcake or anything this Thanksgiving weekend!!
Please note, due to variances in computer monitors, these may print closer to a shade of brown than orange. I am either low on ink or need to calibrate my monitor!! :) 

Hope you enjoy the pennants and caramel apple recipe!!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Laura

Comments

Popular Posts