Upcycled T-shirt Ruffle Scarf Tutorial

Found this tutorial from Pinterest from thediydish.com. Love being able to use an "old" T-shirt!
Wanted to make one for my boys' girlfriends, Karen and Laura. Here is the first one. Don't worry girls, these are new shirts found on sale at Target. :) 
Here are my photos and instructions. thediydish.com has more tutorials that are also very neat!

1.  Find or purchase a large or XL T-shirt
2.  Cut 8-12 circles from the T-shirt using a paper plate as a template
3.  I was able to get 12 circles from this XL shirt. Some circles were smaller than the plate
4.  Cut a spiral from each circle. I just free-hand cut. Width of my strips were about 1.5" - 2" wide.
5.  Attach two strips together by the thicker end making a long strip. I stitched mine.
6.  Use of or two of your short strips to tie around the center of the longer strips. Gently running your hand down the strips help them to curl.

You're done!
Have fun!!

Laura


Below are the best instructions.

Comments

Popular Posts